I'm thinking of buying a Iphone.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Marine, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Marine macrumors newbie

Hi there! I'm new but thats not why i'm posting here.

I'm not new to Ipods i got my first one "Itouch" year ago and had to sell it because of money problems i miss it:(. But i'm looking into buying another one but i'm thinking of going with a Iphone. But i do not plan on getting At&t service just yet. So i wanted to know is there anyway to have a Iphone and not have a sim card or service? If i need a sim card can i buy a pay as you go and will it work? I know this has been asked a bunch of times but i wanted to know instead of looking.

IE Can i have a Iphone and only use the Ipod part.

Thanks
    -Wes

2. Marine thread starter macrumors newbie

Also how much would it be if i bought it from At&t? I'm seeing $300 to $350 on Ebay

3. Sk8mfm macrumors member

Sk8mfm

199.99 with a 2 year contract for the 16gb. yes you use prepaid or pay as go services on it.

4. thietkenha macrumors newbie

5. draz macrumors 6502a

ing?

6. Marine thread starter macrumors newbie

See i don't want the Iphone 4 i just want a simple 16GB or 32GB 3GS. But i don't think i'm ready to get service for it. So i'm trying to see if theres anyway to get by the Itunes/At&t start up thing. Whats the cheapest plan? Never mind i'll go to At&t and ask them. So...... i hear theres tons of problems with the iphone 4 hehehe lucky i'm not going to spend the money for one of those. :cool:

7. warburg macrumors 6502a

There are not "tons of problems with the iphone 4." It's the highest rated smart phone on the market, even by Consumer Reports. There is a glitch with the external antenna if the phone is held in a way that most users would probably never hold it, and this minor problem is being exploited as a major deficiency by the media and Apple's competitors.

8. Abby15 macrumors newbie

Abby15

heyy hi there ...

I am using iphone 3G and its really goood here in KSA
    but can i get to know what are the features for iphone 4 ????

iphone 3G IS VERY SUCCESSFUL IN JED

9. Marine thread starter macrumors newbie

It looks like i'm gonna go with the Pre'paid go phone plan on my Iphone. I keep on seeing videos on youtube and it works perfect. Only thing is what happens with itunes?

10. Marine thread starter macrumors newbie

Went to at&t....

I went to at&t today to look at the iphone 4 and damn it looks fine. The only thing that amazed me is the safety deposit they may want. It can be all the way up to $1000.00 if your credit is bad. Damn that almost made me wanna cry lol. Well i'l be going back in a week and see if we could work a deal out. Anyone work for at&t? Or knows somebody? I really don't want to spend like $800 bucks on a Fing deposit. But like i said will see.....

Also the Iphone just felt better in the hand then the Droid.