Im thinking of buying the sgp glas.t, but $70

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Che Castro, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Che Castro macrumors 603

Is a lot

To the people who have this installed for a few months now, how do you like it so far

Any problems ?

I currently have a zagg HD on my new ipad , is it worth the $70 upgrade?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kxplm9AT2k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_HJc4F33ys

What worries me is that you only get one try , im one of those people that a speck of dust would bother me ,even a bubble

But i have put on an sgp screen protector on my phone before without any problems

http://www.spigen.com/spigen-sgp-th...-protector-glas-t-premium-tempered-glass.html

2. -TYLER macrumors regular

You can get dust off by lifting it up and removing it with scotch tape.

3. Xultar, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2012

Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

Do you have the Glas.t? Have you done it with tape yourself on the Glas.T? I've heard of people using water but not tape. screwing up the adhesive can be worse than the dust.
    ----------

Che Castro---
    I suggest the u do a thread search. Some folks have discussed removing, rinsing and reusing with some success. I swear they used water. But beware some have actually cracked the Glas.T in the process.

I'd look for that thread read it all the way though and then do it. I have the Glas.t on my iphone. So far I've bought 2 and I'm on my 2nd warranty replacement (that actually failed today). I wouldn't use tape unless you've done the research. They use an adhesive that can be marred.

Is it worth it? If you don't have issues with it the Glas.T can be awesome. The problem is that people have issues not just with placement but afterwards the adhesive failing. I would't plunk down the $70 unless I'd done my research on both the iphone and iPad versions and any other versions they make like the galaxy note. Check reviews everywhere and the comments associated with the reviews. Finally, I'd only buy it from the Spigen site because they have been known to back out of warranties if you purchase it else where.

Make sure if you decide to purchase that you go into the purchase with as much information as you can.

4. maniacphoner macrumors regular

i was very iffy about applying the glas t on my ipad at first, but i was able to have it on without bubbles forming unlike some. yes, small specks of dust got stuck but very minimal. besides that the tempered glass protector is something you won't regret having on your ipad screen. :p

5. lincolnmayer macrumors member

70$ is so much money for an upgrade. I don't see why you need to spend so much when there are 20$ protectors that can do the same thing

6. Eddie Bombay macrumors 6502

7. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

The gods favor glas.t

Just today my zagg HD is peeling off around the home button

Whats the other best cheaper alternative ?