I'm thinking to sell my iphone 3g

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Gospelfrances, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Gospelfrances macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, I'm thinking to sell my iphone 3g because I'm tired of it, even tough it is a such a wonderful device. The iphone was the reason that I canceled my t-mobile service to get the first generation and then i sold it to my uncle to to get the iphone 3g but now I feel like the "magic" has disappear, just look at some of the threats for the iphone some are just absurd like mine . Probably I will be criticized but I'm just sharing my thoughts with all of you. ( can anyone recommend another phone?)

2. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

3. daisuke07 macrumors regular

are you back with tmobile or sticking with att?

4. weeman macrumors 6502

The BlackBerry Bold looks like sexy alternative to the iPhone...

5. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

has it been giving you problems?

I sold mine off a week ago as well. While a little of the magic had worn off, i think that was largely because of the combination of cracks, light leaks, and expensive monthly fees, which when I calculated would cost me $3,200 at the end of three years.

Quite astounding for a phone, even if it is the iPhone. So i decided to sell it, and use the $$$ saved to purchase a notebook, and ipod touch.

6. svndmvn Guest

it depends what you'd use your phone for, and why you bought the phone in the first place, the magic has worn off?
    if you don't use it as an iPod, don't use Safari on the go, which I still believe is better than any browser out there, it gets the job done most of the time, there are no apps that suit your needs, get something that does

7. Gospelfrances thread starter macrumors newbie

Well beside cracks, light leaks and that safari crashes every time I used, I still loving the iphone but not anymore, I was thinking to get the htc fuze but it looks to fat.

8. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

That phrase doesn't make sense.

All I can say is don't get the LG Chocolate. I made the mistake of buying that as my last phone and I don't like it one bit.

Edit: I have Verizon... so I don't know if that phone exists for AT&T.

9. svndmvn Guest

it's your money so I really shouldn't care but are you sure you've tried hard enough?light leaks and cracks from the factory that apple wouldn't substitute for you? Safari crashes..let me tell you I'm quite disappointed for apple's recent quality control and safari crashing,but it works most of the time and there's nothing tragic about reloading a page,rebooting the thing once in a while and emptying cache,history and cookies if you're a heavy user
    Not meaning to start a comparison,but the sizes,iPod function,music movies,display,user interface,appstore,safari as I was saying still is in my opinion better than opera,work perfectly for me and no htc/nokia have seemed really better IMO

10. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

The monthly fees have always been the issue with me. I love the idea
    of having the web available everywhere, but do I really need it?

2 years of an iphone contract could buy me a new MBP.

11. mdgolom macrumors 6502

This would only hold true if you already have a second cell phone, or if you don't plan to have a cell phone at all. My bill is about $90/month for my iPhone. If I drop it for a different phone, I would still need to pay about $40/month for cell service (plan, taxes and fees). which eats about 1/2 of your savings. Plus, if you have the iPhone, you would probably be stuck with the early termination fee to switch to a different phone. So, if you do switch to a different phone/carrier, you might save enough for a MB, but not the MBP.