I currently have a mid-2010 15" base model. I bought it fairly recently (clearly outside the 14 window, even 30 day window), but Apple has agreed to let me return it - I have a RMA #. I'm military and deploying, so they cut me some slack. After spending several days on the boards though, I'm torn. Most of the reviews I can find (Macworld, Computer Shopper, PC Magazine, CNET) are all very positive. But yet here, I read about high temps, thermal paste, fan noise, etc. I can clearly keep my 2010, no problem. I can clearly get a 2011, no problem. Admittedly, I'm not a heavy user (email, Safari, iphoto, imovie with HD clips). I have no current use for a quad core. So, in the end, what would you do? I'm leaning towards getting the 2011? If you agree, is there any benefit to waiting a couple of months in case they make any adjustments to the 2011 production line? Thanks!