I'm trying to imagine Apple's plans for future Edition Watches.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ryanasimov, Mar 10, 2015.

1. ryanasimov macrumors regular

The $17,000 Rose Gold version is exclusive and special... for now. But what about down the road? Apple has done Special Editions before, and I can see plenty of opportunities for future "Special Edition" Editions, especially as it becomes more available around the world. Probably the first thing to happen will be a Platinum Edition, but I think the biggest area for exclusivity will be the bands. Fashion designers will petition to design their own style of bands and price them accordingly. That's when the price will make today's prices seem reasonable (ha). Can you just picture the excess and vulgarity that could be created for customers with virtually unlimited money?

2. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

Apple can easily do many "Limited Edition" and charge whatever they want for it

Those "Limited Edition" won't be worth much when the market's flooded with too many varieties

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I'd think Tuhao would be more interested in gold, as platinum looks too similar to stainless steel. They'd keep buying the new and thinner version of the Apple Watch but in gold, and dispose of the old one.

4. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

I'd love a Platinum version as it would confuse those who wish to show off as it will look like the Stainless Steel :Done to others

Of course, if they are buying it because they like it, and don't care what others think, this will make no difference and they will buy it anyway.

5. Mildredop macrumors 68020

I think they'll soon drop them.

Personally, I think the Apple watch will either be dropped altogther in a few years or become an infrequently updated 'hobby' like the Apple TV.