Im trying to set up icloud on mac and iphone.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gc15, Mar 16, 2013.

1. gc15 macrumors regular

I dont quite understand how to activate the sync for imessage and calendar. Everything else that i wanna work, such as contacts and notes is working; however imessage and calendar is not. What exactly am I doing wrong? Also for the notifications, how do i get twitter notifications? Sorry for asking these questions, i just downloaded mountain lion and im trying to figure everything out and setting up everything that will make things easier.

Another question, its very difficult for me to see which apps are currently running in my doc. I cant tell the difference, but i just think there is something different about the light that shows which apps are running. Am i just over analyzing? Plus when i open pages, i dont like how it greets me with this new set up, is there any way around this or do i just need to get used to it?

2. MacKid macrumors 6502

For your Calendar, make sure the items you want to sync are under an iCloud calendar (visible in the left pane, under the "iCloud" group), and not just "On My Mac" or anything like that. I haven't upgraded to Mountain Lion with old calendars in place, but I wouldn't be surprised if the system leaves them alone so you can decide what to do with them. Also, of course, make sure syncing Calendar is enabled on your iPhone under Settings -> iCloud.

For Messages, everything syncs automatically. You will only receive messages to your computer from other people who are sending iMessages, which means it has to come from another iPhone or another Mac.

Twitter is not integrated into Mac OS X.

You can always press Command + Tab to get a little pop-up of open applications. You can continue holding the Command key and press Tab again to advance through those apps, Tilde (~ `) to go backwards, and release the Command key to switch to the selected application. You can also press Q while tabbing through those applications to close the selected app.

I haven't used Pages in a while, but I believe there's an option (in Preferences, maybe) to default to opening a blank document instead of presenting you with the templates/iCloud.