I'm using iSquint and just wondering...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cujoca, Apr 17, 2007.

1. cujoca macrumors regular

Hi i'm just transfering over 15 shows into mpeg 4 format from avi and while there running i was just wondering if i can use my computer to browse the internet or play games while it was running. I don't want to ruin all that time spent converting the shows!!!

Thanks in advance!

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I do all my normal stuff while VisualHub is encoding things and it doesn't take much longer. Web browsing while it's encoding should be fine, but playing games would probably prolong how long it takes to finish.

3. cujoca thread starter macrumors regular

would web browsing or watching videos degrade the quality of video or make it have hiccups in the video or can i do all that normal stuff.

Also I just bought a new iPod and I was wondering while this is going on can i transfer over my songs to my new iPod?

Thanks

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

It shouldn't cause any issues like that, just web browsing has a very minimal impact on the processor. Watching videos probably would slow it down a bit, but it shouldn't cause any issues with the encoding. And you should be able to transfer over files, but that will probably slow it down a bit while it's transferring over the files. Mac OS X is a great multitasking operating system, so things like these don't really affect other programs that much.

5. cujoca thread starter macrumors regular

6. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Glad I could help :)

7. Blubbert macrumors 6502

I do a lot of conversions using VisualHub on my MBP, and the only thing that happens when you use your computer for other things while converting is that the conversion takes a bit longer. I often watch movies while some videos are converting.