Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XheartcoreboyX

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
so i been waiting for the macbook pro for more than 2 months!!
they always tell me..next week..next week...and now it comes! but only the 2.4mbp,they ''said'' that the 2.2 is coming next week...
i wanted the 2.2mbp..but i feel like im FORCED! to make more 300$ to be able to buy the 2.4mbp...what shall i do???

really need help im so sick of waiting and its going to be my first mac..is it safe to pay all the money for a machine with an OS i never seriously had..
note:i dont live in the states,no apple stores here.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
no one is forcing you to buy a machine you don't want.
either wait longer. or order online and wait for it to ship.

Azzurri15

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2007
I don't think there is a "local warranty". It's a standard 1 year Apple warranty no matter where you bought it from.

XheartcoreboyX

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
Well,i live in the middle east (Doha,Qatar),and this store called ''office1''..its an authorized reseller..theres those other 4 stores that sells macs as well..but wow they still dont have the ''new'' C2D..

chipchen

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2002
to be fair I just went to the online store... and the bottom it has "Apple stores around the world" or something like that in the drop down menu... and no Qatar store is listed....

If you're by chance US Military though (huge base over there right?), or know someone military... just order and ship to the APO? (is that what it's called?)

XheartcoreboyX

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
to be fair I just went to the online store... and the bottom it has "Apple stores around the world" or something like that in the drop down menu... and no Qatar store is listed....

If you're by chance US Military though (huge base over there right?), or know someone military... just order and ship to the APO? (is that what it's called?)

i dont work there honestly..neither any of my friends..so i think the only thing i can do is waiting..=(

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
buying online = same warranty (ive had first hand experience with this...)

XheartcoreboyX

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
buying online = same warranty (ive had first hand experience with this...)

same warranty?
so if i buy a mbp online from apple.com then they send it here in qatar..if theres anything wrong with it i will have to send it back to the US?! XD
do you know how far is that..

End of the story: im buying the 2.4ghz tomorrow...as i have the money now and its my only option and im SICK of waiting.. =)

greenday123

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2005
NJ
well enjoy your new mbp! i wish i had enough money to get a great laptop like that, i have only a blackbook

sealab2021

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2007
Just called the apple stores around me. All of them just got a shipment of 2.2Ghz MBPs! I had them hold one for me! I'm getting one tonight Woo hooo!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.