I'm visiting New York next week

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by biffarino, Mar 5, 2013.

1. biffarino macrumors member

Where will I find some awesome cases? I guess mail ordering to where I am staying would be an option, but I always like to check them out first.

Thinking of something along the lines of Lunatik and a very thin folio type case for the iPhone 5.

2. Hooterville macrumors 6502a

Hooterville

I'm sure canal street is flooded with fake Lunatik cases. :eek:

3. norwegian wood macrumors regular

get one that handcuffs to your wrist because iphone theft in nyc is off the chain

4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Yeah man, watch out for "Apple Picking!"

5. norwegian wood macrumors regular

on that note one with a lanyard around your wrist is a great idea.

6. hofnar macrumors regular

hofnar

Haha live in NYC and just be smart about your phone. Don't leave it unattended out in the open, or on the table when sitting at a bar. And if your sitting near a train door hold On to it. ive seen people swipe it out of someones hands and walk off as the door closes. You'll be fine.

I know more people who have left their phone in a cab than have had it stollen.

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

You sending the poor OP down there?:eek: He's won't need a case, more likely a new phone...

8. Brother Esau macrumors 6502

Why not? Ive walked through Harlem at 3:00AM in the morning by myself and I am white so what does that tell you?

It's all about how you carry yourself man. But then again, I'm a pretty big guy 6' 4" 250lbs but regardless of that it's basic dog psychology applied.

NOTE: I do not recommend walking through Harlem for the faint hearted at 3:00AM ...especially if your white!:D

9. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

:D Brings back a funny story from my childhood..I guess I must have been about 12 or so, when some relatives from Ohio came to stay with us in NYC. My Uncle decided he wanted to drive through Halrem and take pictures:eek: Bear in mind this was back in the 70's...We only found out what he'd tried to do when he came back having been stopped and turned back by the cops...What jerk...! From what I here from back home nowadays, things are pretty chilled as long as you are sensible, like you'd be in any big city....There are plenty of places in London where you wouldn't go in broad daylight.

10. norwegian wood macrumors regular

put it in a lifeproof case and no one will ever want to steal it

11. oplix macrumors 65816

oplix

Seems to me someone here watches too many movies. While we are at it, you might want to get some life insurance because a plane will fly into you if you go to New York :rolleyes:

12. norwegian wood macrumors regular

the nyc police have actually dedicated a special squad just for apple device thefts. apple has been in communication with them to help them.

mayor bloomberg and police commissioner ray kelly have both admitted spikes in crime related to the theft of apple devices.

13. LittleGwen macrumors 6502

14. hofnar macrumors regular

hofnar

agreed!

15. biffarino thread starter macrumors member

Had a Shake Shack at Madison Square Park tonight. It was OK, burger was a bit greasy.

Paul's Da Burger Joint near St Marks was in another league though. Awesome.

No real joy on the case front, despite going to AC Gears and Tekserve today.