I'm waiting for the 64GB iPhone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Don Bagles, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Don Bagles macrumors regular

Right now i've got a 40GB iPod Photo which works great for me, and it's more than half full. When I get an iPhone, I need to be able to store all my music on it, as well as have room for a handful of feature length films.

4GB or 8GB is completely unreasonable and unusable for me. I don't care how long I have to wait. I'm not in desperate need of a cell phone. I mean, I could use a cell phone now, and the internet feature is definitely very attractive, but I can't operate with that amount of storage space.

Is anyone else waiting for an iPhone that doesn't limit the user with an unreasonably tiny storage capacity?

2. coolbreeze macrumors 68000

Grab a drink, it's gonna be a while...

8gb is more than enough for a phone. Sync every night, keep the content fresh and your calendar updated. Good enough for me, that's for sure.

If you plan on syncing every few months, the iPhone may not be for you...for a long time, that is.

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

you will be waiting for a long time, I would be surprised if the iPhone got that high of capacity before the 4th or 5th gen iPhone.

4. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I'm waiting for 1TB laptop solid state hard drives.

And it's needs to be cheap.

5. Don Bagles thread starter macrumors regular

I'll bet any one of you a brand new iPhone, that they release a 64GB iPhone by MWSF 2009.

6. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Do you "need" to have all your music with you on your phone? I used to think I had to have tons of music and movies with me also. I owned a 80GB iPod and a 8GB Nano. I found the Nano fit my needs just fine. Just have to be more selective. I understand wanting more storage as who would turn that down but to say you NEED it..........well take a look at your usage and you might be surprised.

7. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Need? You don't need. You want. But thanks for the otherwise awesome post. I've been wondering, pretty much non-stop since the iPhone came out, if Don Bagels would get one, or wait for the 64gb version.

8. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

will you pay for the service too, becsuse there won't be one that soon.

9. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

They JUST came out with a 16GB Nand chip. They have got to get the move on to develop that 64GB chip, get it out so the prices drop so they can use it.

Strong bet.

Edit: Sorry they do have a 32Gb one in the works............bit behind in the news here :D

10. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

Yes, Im also waiting for a 750gig Iphone.
    Thats 8 gig is terrible.
    Maybe the newer version will come with a CD/DVD recorder so when I download a movie or music on the internet I can burn on to disk on the go.
    Hell yeah, take full advantage of the Edge network or highspeed WIFI spots :D
    Im not in a hurry either, maybe down the road at 2026, I dont care :D

11. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

lol...I'll get the 64Gb one when it comes out too....but 3+ years it takes to happen, I'll use my 8Gb iPhone.

What is the point of this thread?

12. ecks618 macrumors 6502

ecks618

I am waiting for the Powerbooks to come with intel processors.

13. beate macrumors regular

And how much storage does your current Cell have?

It's a PHONE with iPod capability - not meant to replace your iPod. If it were, they would have started with at least 90 gigs. Do you really want to carry around a brick to make calls on?

It's gonna be a long wait. You'll need another phone with less features, less beauty and still far below your storage needs way before the iPhone becomes what you want.

14. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Sadly I'll probably own every rev of iPhone to come :(

Also it looks like Samsung has done a great deal of progress with Nand chips the last time I had looked into them. Thanks Google :p

15. applehappy macrumors regular

The point is that we should all take a moment to reflect on how best to make fun of Don Bagels the captain of waiting for the next version of a future version of the latest thing. Don also has held out on a tv purchase until he can get a 200 inch paper-thin deal for $100.

16. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Have a cookie. Really, does every single person need to start a thread as to why they aren't buying the iPhone right now? I just sold my 80GB iPod because I simply STOPPED using it since I got my 8GB iPhone. Sure I wish I had more storage, but sheesh. You have fun waiting....:rolleyes:

17. Canuck4 macrumors 6502a

Canuck4

I dont know about that 80gig Ipod.
    It feels like carrying around a hard drive with a little LCD monitor on it and a click wheel :D
    And I love how everyone wants to justify to themselves why they're not buying an Iphone. They'll wait for this or that or the price, the service, for 3G, for 4G for push email etc....
    Nobody cares dude why you're not buying it.
    If you're not interested then why are you browsing the Iphone forums? :D

18. Don Bagles thread starter macrumors regular

I think you're confusing me with someone else...

19. Dark macrumors regular

If you have an iPod, the 4gig iPhone should easily be plenty for your Favorites and a few movies. The iPhone is just that.......a phone. The iPod feature is just like icing on the cake. Obviously if Apple wanted to make the iPhone's main function music and video...they would stop making iPods all together.

Keep holding your breath.:p

20. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Aye.

Attached Files:

• don.jpg
      don.jpg
      File size:
      55.7 KB
      Views:
  21. Don Bagles thread starter macrumors regular

Alright, so if I bought one, i'd keep using my current iPod for music. That's very inconvenient.

22. sunday888 macrumors member

And you thought I'd care, why?

23. K-Funk macrumors member

Re:

I totally agree with the original poster. Why can't we all just admit that 8 GB of memory is a serious limitation in a video iPod? If you view the iPhone as primarily a phone that also has the ability to play some music and videos, then great. But I care more about the iPod features than the phone features (my RAZR works just fine), and I'm sure a lot of others do as well.

What I'd really like to see is a wide-screen video iPod with tons of memory. I don't care if it has phone features or not. I can't wait for the next iPod!

24. K-Funk macrumors member

I'm calling BS on this. Nobody would pay $500 for a phone that just has some "icing on the cake." The iPhone is billed as an all-in-one phone and video iPod, not as a phone that also can play a little music and video.

25. beate macrumors regular

I'd pay $600 for the phone without the icing.

Paid $500 for a silly Razr. $500 for PDA.
    This time around I'm $400 ahead and I have a better functioning device, not to mention plenty of icing.