iMac 2.4Ghz Question

Discussion in 'iMac' started by skyjamco, Dec 9, 2009.

1. skyjamco macrumors newbie

I was wondering if it has the power I need i have found a very good deal on one. I i will use it for is iLife and photoshp CS2 maby some light gameing.

2. sharkync macrumors regular

I am not sure how to answer this question - but I believe this computer will do everything you can ask of it and more.

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Be aware that Adobe Photoshop CS2 is not Universal and will be run using Rosetta. This will result in much slower performance on an intel Mac than using Photoshop CS3 and higher.

4. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

no problem with mine.

I run the entire Adobe Creative Suite + Quark 8 on a 2.4 AL iMac w/4 gigs ram and it handles it all without even breaking a sweat. And I'm talking multi hundred meg Photoshop files and 100+ page Quark files with gigs of links. Not some crappy little 72 dpi web graphics and a few 3 panel brochures.

Whats a "very good deal"?

5. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

It'll run what you need it to, no problem. Might want to upgrade the ram if you haven't already.

6. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I have this machine, well, I have a 2.4 GHZ iMac. It's a very competent machine. Indeed, until this point, it's the fastest Mac I have ever had. I throw quite a bit at it, and it keeps going.