iMac 2.93 27-Inch (Mid-2010) Bios Chip Dump

Discussion in 'iMac' started by rendezo, Mar 20, 2013.

1. rendezo macrumors newbie

Hello,

I need help in this modell.

I need a full dump from the bios chip. Becuase mine is damaged.

If someone, can read it to me, a very thankfully.

If it is costs money, I'm ready to pay!

Thank You.

(My fan cpu fan is always on, and full speed.)

2. justperry, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013

justperry macrumors 604

justperry

3. rendezo thread starter macrumors newbie

I changed the hdd, about 2 years ago,and its works fine. But now I added a second one. And after, happened this.

We call it 'firmware', but there is an bios chip. And that is solve my problem.

I tried all resets and everything.

So I need that dump.

If any technican can read it with an eeprom reader, or still have one.

Please help me!

I'm Stuck

Thank You!!

4. justperry, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013

justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Bold, remove the second HD and see if it solves the problem, but, you might have damaged something.

Again, Macs don't have Bios, they have firmware, and no, I don't think anyone can help you to access that firmware, it's not like windows, you can't install firmware like you do with Bios on a PC.

Edit: Maybe you should investigate if your iMac has a HD temp sensor, if so this is the problem, here is a link to another thread here on MR talking about such things.

2011 iMac Hard Drive Upgrade, Fan Issues

Edit again: Here's another link which refers to the HD temp. sensor.

How do you upgrade the hard drive in the "Late 2009," "Mid-2010," "Mid-2011" and "Late 2011" (21.5-Inch and 27-Inch) Aluminum iMac models?

5. rendezo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank You for the reply!

Belive me. There is an bios chip inside.

The second hdd is removed, but the problem is still exists.

Mac service said me, logic board replace..
    This is not a hardware problem. This is a software problem...So totally unnecessary replace the logic board.

Still need that dump.

EDIT: Thank you the links. Start to read all of them!

6. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

How do you know it is the firmware causing the problem, Apple's firmware is as far as I know stable, never had problems with it and never heard someone had problems with it.
    You should really read the second link I gave you above.

There is no Bios chip, there is likely a firmware chip.
    Read the following post, the second post from simsaladimbamba:

Macs don't have a BIOS

7. rendezo thread starter macrumors newbie

As in my previous posts said, if you like call it firmware chip.

I do not want to argue with you, i just need help.

And i exactly know what i need... Maybe this is a wrong forum to my purpose.

I need firmware chip dump. I readed many dumps from macbooks, and imacs...with an eeprom programmer. There is an SPI Bus chip inside..

But this one, i don't have it.. (my own mac..)

Really thanks for trying to help me.

But there is a software to boot up the mac, and initialize etc.. and this software is inside an spi chip. In macworld call's firmware chip. But i think the purpose is same as bios chip... difference is just a word...

So if anyone, ever read(with an eeprom reader) from an 2010 MID imac's spi chip from the logic board. Please contact me, or if you have one of this logic board.

Thank You.

8. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

And if you read the whole thread in my above link you know it's not just a word, the firmware chip is different from Bios, not only a word change, also if you read that post is that the only reason to renew the chip or it's contents is to bypass the firmware password, fishy.

If you are genuine and need the fan to stop working at full speed than the above tips/links in my former posts may help you, if it is to bypass the firmware password I won't and nobody should help you.

9. rendezo thread starter macrumors newbie

10. All Taken macrumors 6502a

Take it to a service centre or Apple store, they have the facility to flash the EFI.

If you continue to respond with 'Please someone must help me this now' it will only make you appear like a user of a stolen mac.

A) You know the service centre or genius bar is your safest and easiest bet, if you're the owner it would take a technician a very short length of time to fix this.

B) Why the desperation to do this yourself? Even if it's out of warranty they will not charge much for this service.