iMac 20" Calibration Profile here

Discussion in 'iMac' started by PMR, Jan 10, 2008.

1. PMR macrumors 6502

PMR

After trying a lot of profiles made by posters I never found a good one that worked for me. Some of them turned grey to green and some where to blueish... I think this one have good color reproduction and contrast.

Try this one if you didn't already find a good profile for your 20" iMac.

If it doesn't appear in the profiles by the usual way, open ColorSync, Devices, Displays, iMac, Current Profile (click button on the right and search for it).

Please feel free to say what you think about it.

Cheers.

Attached Files:

2. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

Thanks!

3. RemarkabLee macrumors 6502a

The only colour profile you should be using is one you have created yourself using a colorimeter.

You cannot be sure you are getting accurate colour reproduction by a subjective analysis.

4. PMR thread starter macrumors 6502

PMR

Attached Files:

5. RemarkabLee macrumors 6502a

6. PMR thread starter macrumors 6502

PMR

Nothing so obvious like that of course...

7. sensimilea macrumors newbie

a great profile PMR, colors look great - never seen it this good. thank you very much for sharing this.

8. PMR thread starter macrumors 6502

PMR

9. kabunaru Guest

Thanks for the profile. I like it a a lot on my Penryn 20" Aluminium iMac. :)

10. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

Bingo! There lay the problem you didn't spot. These screens can vary quite a bit from one to the next. The profiles you tried already didn't work because they didn't suit your monitor. So you had to make your own.
    The point being, this works the other way too of course.. The profile you made to suit your screen may well not be any improvement at all on someone elses screen.

I know you are trying to help, and im not knocking that :) Im just explaining why the profile is going to be of more limited use than you hoped for.

11. kabunaru Guest

But what if it is also good for me? Am I supposed to not use it just because another person made and it would not be "accurate" for my screen? :confused:

12. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

It might be good for your computer. But there is an equal chance, if not bigger that it may not be. Its a chance you take :) It cant hurt to try it, as you can always switch back to default. However, if accuracy is what you want, then you are better off making your own profile. Its not actually difficult in OS X.
    I've tried other peoples profiles before too. And they all looked far worse on my iMac. But as I say, try it.

13. kabunaru Guest

I will not switch back. I am satisfied with this profile. Seems good all around.

14. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

Up to you. Your choice :) But the best profile is a custom one for your computer, which you can make yourself simply enough.

15. Chrycopsycho macrumors member

Thanks PMR
    I thought I had my cal. looking good; yours made it better!
    Chris :D

16. kabunaru Guest

And I am glad that one profile works good for more than one screen.

17. nyrick999, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2011

nyrick999 macrumors newbie

Thanks for letting us try your calibration. It looks very good. Did you use the color calibrator that comes with Mac OS X 10 or did you use something else. I would really like to try what you did. Can you show us how you set this up?