Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

millypede

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 18, 2004
UK
Apple removed the last of the G5 iMacs from sale this morning on their online store in the UK and around the rest of the world.

A note to resellers distributed on Friday 10th Match declared the product officially, "End Of Life".

"With immediate effect, the following product and it's relate configurations are "End of Life" (EOL) and no further orders can be taken," Apple explains.

If you have made a pre-order of the product, Apple warns that all outstanding orders "for which no stock is available" will be cancelled. The company isn't automatically revising existing orders to the new Intel-powered iMacs.

Apple has now migrated its pro-portable, the MacBook Pro, the iMac and Mac mini to Intel processors. Widespread reports claim the company to be speeding ahead of its original transition plans.

Whilst Apple may of removed the product from its online stores, the G5 iMac may still be found in local resellers or other sources on the internet.

Note This is written for a UK mag, so dont worry about it too much as I have noticed that the US store is still selling the iMac 25 still, but im sure that will change in the next 24 hours, as there has been no stock in Europe for least a month

d_and_n5000

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2005
iMac G5 still around in the U.S, but I don't expect it for too much longer. A'course, the 17" has been gone for a while. The Intel's aren't bad, though. Tested one out at an Apple Store. Only complaint is that it looks really small next to a 30" Cinema display;).

ethen

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2005
i aactually wanted the G5, since i need to do ps work now and mactel is not a good options for me now, but the G5 will stick around in some local store (i saw couple at compusa in dallas) until their stock really gone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.