imac 20" or sell macbook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by idleboy, Aug 26, 2009.

1. idleboy macrumors newbie

hello
    everyone
    this is first post i highly appreciate if some people reply.....
    i have macbook 2.o ghz 1 gb ram , 120gb harddisk,
    but know iwant to by imac .i have money to buy imac 20"inch but dont have money to buy imac 24" inch ... for that imac i have to sell macbook :mad::....

plz suggest should i have imac 20"inch and keep my macbook or should i sell macbook and have bigger imac ...
    thx

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

If you sell your MacBook, then you give up its portability. So I would ask you, how important is being able to sit on the sofa and use your MacBook? Personally, I would keep the MacBook and get the 20" iMac.

3. idleboy thread starter macrumors newbie

4. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...same, I have the Nvidia 9400M whitebook and an iMac 8,1 prev gen and they are both very good machines... I wouldn't trade them for 1 24" iMac and I have 3 other winXP laptops and a winXP desktop in my house as well = no shortage of computers here...

5. idleboy thread starter macrumors newbie

6. imachack macrumors newbie

DEfenitly get the 20 inch. Your not losing much screen size. Plus you get the portability of the macbook. If your like me you dont mind sitting down on the computer, but pefferably you would be on the couch, in bed, or a hotel room. If, however, you do not need the portability, go for the upgrade. But if you like any use of portability whatsoever ( i personally like playing wow from my bed) then stick with your macbook and get the 20 inch

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You didn't say why you want a iMac. Is it power, bigger screen, etc.?

If it's just a bigger a screen you could consider just keeping your computer and get an external monitor.

8. jseyf5 macrumors member

jseyf5

Or get a refurbished one. right now the have a 24 inch for 1199