Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrianKonarsMac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 28, 2004
Looking to get a new computer and my options are a PC or a new mac.

Currently I'm looking at the top of the line 20" imac (may go for the 24", I'll have to see them in person first).

imac 20"
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1GB memory
320GB hard drive1
8x double-layer SuperDrive (dvd r/rw +/-)
ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB memory
$1399

Anyone with this computer have experience playing WoW and/or other games? I've read a few mixed reviews on the card and wanted some input from these forums, thanks all.

If you feel the card is not up to par, what would you recommend? Been awhile since I've researched a computer and wanted to get some general advice before I begin seriously shopping.

scott1785

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2007
I've been playing WOW now for about two years and I have to say that I am very pleased with the 24" iMac. I have all my video options set to high and there is no lag whatsoever. The game looks AWESOME on the 24" screen and the glossy display enhances the experience. I don't have much time to play anymore but when I do the experience is seamless.

Another plus is the built in microphone now that the patch came out with in game chat!!!

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2005
I sometimes run WoW on my new 20" iMac and it runs at around 45-50 fps, you might want to upgrade the ram but everything else looks great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.