iMac 2008- 2nd HHD failure, apple had it for two weeks - can't get through on phone!?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by RunnyCustard, Aug 6, 2010.

1. RunnyCustard macrumors member

RunnyCustard

Hi all

I'm slightly venting but how do you contact apple when they don't answer the phone??? I've tried for 3 days now holding on for 20 to 40mins but still 9th in queue every time... which is weird... maybe their phones are down or they are just not answering.

My iMac had complete hard drive failure last year - 10 months after buying then nearly a year later it failed again so I took it in to be fixed on the 24th July and they will have had the computer for two weeks by tomorrow morning.

It's frustrating as I can't contact to ask and I can't just 'pop-in' to the apple store (Regents Street, London) as I'm working this week (freelance) and I know they open late but to go after work means by time I get home it will be about 11pm or later... I might be able to go tomorrow but I just think it's odd how I can't even find out if they are still waiting for a new drive or it's fixed and not been logged yet... :confused:

And I hope this issue isn't going to keep happening as well... I've never had a hard drive fail twice in less than two years!

*deep breath* I'll try to chill out a bit! :cool:

2. RunnyCustard thread starter macrumors member

RunnyCustard

blimey.. just refreshed the support status (which I've been doing for days) and suddenly it's changed to repair complete!!

I wonder if that's because I rang a different department and moaned :p
    do you think I can go in and pick it up tonight? or do I wait for a phone call?

as you can see I have missed my iMac somewhat!
    :D

UPDATE: Lol... just got the call - they didn't replace the screen though - it has smokey type damage apparently but they said that would take longer.. I think two weeks is enough and I'll be picking it up tonight...

I'm not usually a moaner but it seems to have done the trick this time... :)

3. spiffy05 macrumors member

Good luck to you. I know it's not available outside of Canada and the USA yet, but I do have to comment that Apple's newest 'support contact' method of having them call you back at a specified time is fantastic. You're first (or close to) in priority when they call you, as opposed to having to wait on hold.

Not that this helps you in any way though, so good luck!