Imac 2008 Connection timout AirPort

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Muzz112, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Muzz112 macrumors member

Hi, I've got a bit of a problem with my AirPort on my mac! I bought my iMac in November 2008 and have been using it through Ethernet connection at University without problems! I brought my iMac home and it worked on the internet fine, came back 2 weeks later and it had stopped working!

Some days it chooses to work, and has been working fine for the past week, and now it won't connect to the internet.

Sometimes it can find the router, and sometimes it can't! At the moment I am using a laptop wirelessly next to my iMac, and signal is fine, so no problems there.

When trying to find a network, if it finds it, will connect fine, give me an IP address and stay on. However when I try to go on the internet it won't do it!

Then other times it won't connect at all, and gives the reason "connection timeout"

Is this a faulty card? Firmware problem? or what?

If any one can give some insight into this I'd be grateful!

Thanks a lot James :confused:

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

If you're near an Apple store, going in for them to take a look may be more helpful. It sounds like your card has been damaged in a move though (just don't mention this when you go to get it fixed).