iMac(2009)not detecting scan function on HP6500 after upgrade 2 Snow Lion

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Riverman47, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Riverman47 macrumors newbie

My iMac doesn't detect the scanner function on my HP6500 ALL-IN-ONE WIRELESS PRINTER after upgrading from Leopard to Snow Leopard vers. 10.6.8 The HP 6500 prints:confused: on command but both HP ScanPro & HP Device Manager give me the message:"that scanner could not be initialized, that scanner could not be found. I updated my IMac software which included some HP printer software. It apparently didn't help matters. Any suggestions?

2. phoenixsan macrumors 65816

phoenixsan

To me.....

the printer driver itself is a thing different from the other software (HP ScanPro & HP Device Manager ), so maybe their functions are hindered by the OS update. I think if the driver is to blame, you cannot even print.

Check up in the HP support site to see if any new versions from the another software exists. Or some KB explaining about how they cant work....

:):apple:

3. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Have you attempted to use Image Capture, it's already installed on your system and may be all you need. The HP software for OS X is among the worst on the planet, I'd recommend not using it if you can avoid it.