iMac 2010 Stop in the screen when gaming (Windows) HELP!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jomlini, Aug 8, 2012.

1. jomlini, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012

jomlini macrumors newbie

Ok,Ihave iMac "21",Intel I3 model.With Bootcamp Windows 7, When im gaming about 1-2 hours. Computer stop,Screen is on,but its frozen and ican see the game. Speakers make a somecind "ssssssss" sound. Computer is very hot.
    Is somecind error happen someone else? Im So happy if somebody know a fix for this "error". Thank you! Jomlini

2. Panch0 macrumors 6502a

I had a somewhat similar issue on an iMac a few years ago. Im my case, graphics artifacts (usually horizontal lines) would start appearing on the screen before everything froze up. It was usually triggered by something CPU (and therefore heat) intense, like ripping DVDs or gaming. In my case, it ultimately ended up being a problem with the GPU that would have required a motherboard replacement. That doesn't mean you have the same problem, just what happened to me.

Have you been able to determine if things are still running behind the frozen screen? You might be able to do that from another computer if you have one available - enable Remote Desktop or just create a shared folder and see if you can still reach the computer from there. Also, you might try running the game in a window instead of full screen so that you can still access the start menu.

Does the i3 meet the requirements for the game you're playing? You might be able to turn down some settings so the CPU doesn't have to work so hard.