iMac 2010 unable to boot up pass apple logo

Discussion in 'iMac' started by iforlife, Dec 4, 2015.

1. iforlife macrumors newbie

Guys, need some advice here.

I have an iMac 2010 (A1312), and out of sudden today, when i try to on it. It boot up and once after the apple logo with spinning wheel it just showed me a white blank screen.

Details of boot up:
    1. Power on
    2. Chim sound
    3. Apple Logo + spinning wheel
    4. White screen

Currently my wireless keyboard cant be connected to it and i got no idea why as well, the keyboard kept on blinking its green light. As such, i am unable to press any keys to get it into recovery mode.

Why is this happening out of sudden?

2. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Who knows, probably corruption of the harddisk or something.
    Hold the alt button when starting up and you can choose the startup disk. Choose the recovery disc to restore or do a check of the HD. Do you have a backup (with timemachine or something similar)? Good luck!

3. iforlife thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't access recovery disk since the wireless keyboard is not connecting to the iMac. I guess i have to beg/borrow a wired one to test it out later.

It has been a good servant, hope it's only hdd issue so I can pop in a new SSD at the same time to revive it from the dead.

Before that i just wants to be sure, its not GPU issue. If it is, then there's not point in servicing it. sigh~

4. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

It's probably not the gpu, else it would startup and you would have a black screen or artifacts on the screen. Only way to be sure is to go intobrecovery mode and do a full hardware diagnostics.

Do you still have the OS X dvd that came with it? Maybe yoy can startup from that and run the hardware test.

5. Berlepsch macrumors 6502

Berlepsch

6. iforlife thread starter macrumors newbie

Sadly I've misplaced the OS X dvd that came with the iMac. I will have to use my other mac to create a bootable usb OS X and go on from there.

I managed to borrowed one normal wired keyboard but it turn out to be PS2 not USB... So right now I can't do no nothing. Gotta wait and hope one of my friends has a USB wire keyboard.