iMac 2011 and Battlefield 4

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Alsher, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Alsher macrumors newbie

Hello!

Recently Battlefield 4 has been introduced and a trailer was released. I am a big fan of Battlefield and I am currently playing Battlefield 3 on 1920x1080 with max-settings, except the shadows, AA and AF, those settings are decreased.

The iMac 2011 is 27 inch and has the folling specs:
    i7 2600 3,4ghz
    Radeon HD 6970m 2gb
    8gb RAM

Currently using Bootcamp, Windows 7 with 64-bit.

My question is: Am I able to play Battlefield 4 with 1920x1080 on normal to high settings? I surely won't be able to play on 'Ultra', but at least normal to high would be nice. Is there a chance for me?

Thank you!
    Alsher

2. All Taken, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013

All Taken macrumors 6502a

No, no it won't.

3. Towelie1288 macrumors regular

Towelie1288

req specs are even out yet
    wait till more info comes out

4. Alsher thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your reply! Why do you think that this will not run?

I know, that there are no specs on battlefield.com yet, but there are some people out there knowing how it will run approximately. The trailer is 17 minutes long, so there is time so see how the engine works. For me, I think it is "just" Frostbite 2.5, not 3.0 and Battlefield 3 runs fine.
    And I also know that MacRumors is not quite a gaming-forum, but I hate people judging others by owning an Apple product or not.

5. All Taken macrumors 6502a

Nobody knows. The 17 minute of game footage is pre-alpha gameplay that is running on an extremely fast test rig, think quad SLI. Talk on the internet is that it may be heavily modified by release to suit porting to console. Your system may run it similarly to Battlefield 3 but it may not - wait until the BETA for more info, anything now is just conjecture.

6. Alsher thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes you are right. I am just curious to know it I am going to be able to play this. But at this point nobody knows, as you said. I have a beta key so I am going to be able to test this out.

Thank you again for your answer!