iMac 2011 - dual screen adapter ?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by orangewall, May 13, 2011.

1. orangewall macrumors member

Hey,

I just got my imac in today (see: click), I got this cable the other day:
    [​IMG]

But i just noticed, theres no such port on the imac (my bad for not checking in advance), although, engadget were able to hook up different screens using 'adapters'. I'm bringing this one back to the store tomorrow, but i'm just wondering which one i'm suppoced to get then ?

Thanks in advance,
    Oli.

2. tjmrpm04 macrumors member

3. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

4. orangewall thread starter macrumors member

Awesome guys, thanks! :)
    I'll order one of those right now :)

5. orangewall thread starter macrumors member

Sorry for the dubble post, but thanks guys :) i went back to the store with the adapter and they took it back :) so i got the miniDisplay-Port one and it worked like a charm :) i also got a wireless numpad, i missed that on my keyboard to be honest. (i thought of getting the keyboard with a numpad on it, but then it was no longer wireless which defeated the point of trying not to have alot of wires)

its cool now though :) anything i would want to check once and a while, but don't really need on my main screen, i can drag to the other one :) like msn and such

Pics: (btw, i know the speakers are turned to me and uplifted in a rather.. amateur/doityourself style, but i'll try to find something nice for that later on ^^

[​IMG]

6. makingmusic macrumors regular

What kind of monitor is on the left? Cool desk photo!

7. GeekGuys macrumors regular

Like the desk but there is something missing....????
    Oh yes, where are the stacks of paper, semi-used post-it notes, pens, scraps of tatty paper, cheque book stubs, half broken kids football trophy and random screws from something electrical that you probably no longer own?:D

That might just be my desk though. I spend most of Monday mornings tidying it after a weekend of abuse from the kids!

8. orangewall thread starter macrumors member

Its an Acer P223w monitor :) and thanks :).

Thanks and hehe, my desk gets messy now & again aswell, but with the new mac arriving i thought it was a good moment to tidy it up ^^

9. iamdjam macrumors newbie

Is it Adapter or cable?

Hi, what were you able to purchase, is it the mini dp to dvi adapter or, the mini dp to dvi cable itself?