iMac 2011 Good Deal?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by crobbins, Nov 5, 2012.

1. crobbins macrumors 6502

I was at Best Buy over the weekend browsing the iMacs, just seeing if they had any good deals as I'm currently in need of a desktop. I was told they had 1 base model 2011 iMac 21.5 inch they were selling for $999 (had been returned). I didn't think this was a good deal. However, I found a barely noticeable scratch on the aluminum so they knocked another $100 off making it $899.

I was going to wait and get a 2012, but this seemed like a pretty good deal. I jumped on the offer, but wanted to know what others thought about the price..I couldn't really find any others at that price. I checked the Apple Support page and it was only registered October 28th so it still has all of its warranty left even!

Thoughts?

2. phoenixsan macrumors 65816

phoenixsan

Sounds like.....

you got a good deal in that one. A refurbished 21.5 goes for $979.00 in the Apple Store (without taxes). If the computer had been used midly can go in the $780-860 bracket. And the still running warranty is a deal breaker for me :):apple:

3. anomie Suspended

I would go with the 2011 for this price. If you feel you really need more performance after some time, you can sell it again for a good price and put some extra money in to get a used 2012.

4. crobbins thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the tips/pricing validation. I hadn't looked at the older iMacs too much so I wanted to make sure this was a decent price..

5. turtlez macrumors 6502a

turtlez

argh why would people be so careless to scratch their iMac, I bet they returned it because of the scratch haha. $100 off for a small scratch I would like that though