iMac 2011 - Light Leakage, how much is normal?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by alvorea, Sep 29, 2011.

1. alvorea macrumors newbie

Yeah guys,

After 5 month of research and money saving, i bought the iMac, and came up with this and i am not sure how normal is it.

Link to the image: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/52011i.jpg

I could only see this on a full black screen, however, since its a lot of money involved i would like to know what you guys think about the light leakage on this iMac monitor and if i should look for a replacement for it or not (since i could get an even worse version)

Thanks for your input once again,

Alvorea.

Update: I asked for a replacement and they will do it, however, I am afraid of getting an even worse screen, what should i do?

2. heimbachae macrumors regular

heimbachae

have faith

3. ssdaytona macrumors member

mine is located in the lower left. Just as bad as yours is in the lower right.

4. alvorea thread starter macrumors newbie

will you ask for a replacement?

----------

i heard they dissipate over time is that true?

5. ssdaytona macrumors member

6. warxy macrumors newbie

warxy

Not meant to highjack the thread or anything thing, but on a related base. Is it okay to get them to pull an iMac out from the box to test for lightbleed when purchasing in a store? :confused:

7. bushman4 macrumors 68000

They wont do it. You can ask no harm in trying.

8. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

An iMac is not like the iPad

I would not accept ANY light bleed at all. I use mine a lot at night (2011 i7 27") and there is no bleeding at all.

Take it back and get it replaced. Apple have to get a grip on these light issues, and the more people who return stuff will ensure the QC process is tightened up.

Don't put up with it, get it swapped out.

9. warxy macrumors newbie

warxy

Why wont they though? It would be a huge hassle for me if i was to purchase an iMac only to find out it has lightbleed and i will have to take it all the way back to swap only because I was not allowed to check it in the first place.

10. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I Beg To Differ

They WILL do it, and if they don't OP, PM me and I will put you in touch with people who can help.

Try the polite route first. Shouting and berating will get you nowhere. Once you have explored all the options and still come up with zip, message me.

People...Apple REALLY need to sort out sloppy assembly and QC issues and we, the customers are the ones in the driving seat here. If we sit back and accept what we are given, Apple will assume all is well.

I for one never accept less than what I paid for. Ever.

I sent one iPad back (ok I played my ace in the hole friends at Apple card) and since then I have always received products that are exactly as they should be.

Since then I have bought:

Ipad2
    iMac July 2011 27" i7
    Macbook Air

None of them show any faults or defects at all.

It proves they can do it if they want to, and it might also prove that (conspiracy theory) that maybe there are 2 piles of stuff in the factories....One pile is OK, the other is Class 1

Im guessing, but the consumer has the ultimate power here!