imac 2011 on my Hd tv and screen options

Discussion in 'iMac' started by malias4, Nov 24, 2011.

1. malias4 macrumors 6502

malias4

Hi there , i own an imac 21.5 i5 2011 model, so far i love it and bs i also use it to watch some movies i ve purchaced a mini dp to hdmi cable and also a hdmi to hdmi cable . So i would conect it on my Lg hdtv and watch my films on the couch !!
    So far so good, i did this and all works but is it possible maybe to open for example vlc and put a movie to play so the sound and movie plays on my tv but also the mac to be available for use ?
    Bs now whats on my mac screen is also on the tv screen :mad:

2. AdrianK macrumors 68020

System Preference > Display > uncheck the option for 'mirroring' > Set the iMac to be the main display in the 'arrangement' tab (make sure the menu bar at the top is on the iMac's display, not the secondary monitor)

3. malias4 thread starter macrumors 6502

malias4

Hi man , ok i ve unchecked mirror displays and im on the arrangement tab but then i see two blue little screens .
    one of them (the second one ) got a white line on top..
    what exactly shoyld i do ?:confused:

4. jsolares macrumors 6502a

that white line is the menu bar, drag it to the screen where you wan it (probably the iMac screen)

5. malias4 thread starter macrumors 6502

malias4

The white line is atached to the blue window, i can only move theese two windows, so one can be first and the other second!
    I cant only move the white line..
    I got to the point a bit so i think that if oi drag something of the imac s screen then it shows up on my tv so i ts like a 2ond monitor..
    But if i watch a film and i press full screen on the movie then it comes also on the imac screen !:eek: