iMac 2011 Release (based on Industry News, Events, etc)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mrt209, Nov 21, 2010.

  1. mrt209 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2010
    Location:
    USA/Germany
    #1
    Hi,

    I have a question about the iMac release in 2011. In what month would it make the most sense for Apple to release the new iMac (based on the rumors we've heard about Sandy Bridge, Annual Apple Events, etc)?

    According to the Buyers Guide the iMac would be released in approx. 4 months. But, this is just based on an average... and I've heard many people say that the iMac wouldn't be released until 10.7 is out (summer), maybe even later (around September). Does this sound reasonable? Or will they release the iMac before 10.7 in spring?

    The reason I'm asking is that I want to upgrade my 2007 iMac to a 27in iMac soon, but if they update it early next year I would wait. If they wont release it until summer then I would buy now during Black Friday.

    Deciding to buy or wait is soo hard!!! :D
     
  2. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2008
    #2
    There'll probably be a release before lion or if they feel it's right at the same time as lion. THe buyers guide for the iMac is generally quite accurate now though. Depends what you need the computer for though
     
  3. biggd macrumors 6502

    biggd

    Joined:
    Apr 6, 2008
    Location:
    Calgary
  4. mrt209 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2010
    Location:
    USA/Germany
    #4
    Need it for Photoshop, Programming, Some gaming (usually just play single player campaigns), hulu, email, etc... Currently when I use to much of my iMac's resources the screen just turns black and I have to restart it. I also can't have safari open with more than 10-15 tabs lol
     
  5. DagazaGZ macrumors regular

    DagazaGZ

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2010
    #5
    I'm in the same boat, I've been saving and will have enough money on Jan 6 to buy, a 27" 2.8GHz Intel Core i5. However the Mac Buyers guide says it's in mid cycle (even though it's a little past that). It's so hard to decide if I should wait or buy it the moment I have the money. Damn you apple for making us wait in the dark for any information!
     
  6. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

    EvanLugh

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2007
    Location:
    Developer land
    #6
    I've just bought an iMac, the buyers guide is spot on and i'm very happy with the slight upgrade i'm getting, i can't see they'll be doing too much upgrading :cool:
     
  7. DagazaGZ macrumors regular

    DagazaGZ

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2010
    #7
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

    You can't see them doing to much upgrading? I hear there is supposed to be some sort of new graphics card used in the Mac books. I'm wondering if the new iMacs will have the new (not nvidia) graphic card hardware.

    I'm not worried about it if it's just a slightly faster processor or a new nvidia graphics card though.
     
  8. mrt209 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2010
    Location:
    USA/Germany
    #8
    Well I bought my iMac a couple of days ago and although the first one had some issues and I had to return it, the second one is amazing!

    I think you should consider buying now as most issues are fixed (i.e. yellow screen issue). Also, christmas is coming up so you could get some extra money for it :D

    But, it all depends on if you really need one now. In my case i felt that the bigger screen and faster processor would help me increase my productivity, so I decided to get it now. If you have a decent comp and dont really need to upgrade right now you could wait. Just remember that the new iMac might have some initial issues and no one knows for sure when it's going to be released. It could be in march, but it could also be in summer after lion is released... It's up to you if you want to play the waiting game :D
     
  9. DagazaGZ macrumors regular

    DagazaGZ

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2010
    #9
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

    Thanks for the comment. Curretly have a 2.66 dual quad core, 1.5 tb, 6 gb ram, 1gb 3D capable graphics card... but it's a PC. So I think it's upgrade time lol.
     

Share This Page