iMac 2011 vs Mac Mini 2013

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Noimus, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Noimus macrumors newbie

Hey guys I have a quick question. Right now I am waiting out for the new mac mini 2013 to be announced but I thought of something. I already have a fast windows computer with a 24inch display and a keyboard and mouse so I don't have to buy any accessories for the mac mini. I was thinking of going on Amazon and buying a 2011 iMac for pretty cheap. They would be around the same price if I get the i7 Mac Mini which would probably be $799 and the iMac used would be around the same. Which one would you guys do?

If I can't get the 2011 iMac for that price then I might get the 2010 iMac. Which would be more preferable?

Btw, I would only use the iMac for school. I am NOT a gamer or a video editor or anything like that. However, I do like speed and I do like my computers running fast.

2. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

I would go with the Mini....but that's me.

But when you are looking, be sure to use the price guide over at Apple Insider. Can save a little bit of money going through somewhere like Mac Mall or B&H.

3. Fishrrman macrumors G3

There may not even be a "2013 Mini". If there is, it probably won't arrive until November or December.

Chances are, we may not see a new Mini (newer than the 2012) until early into 2014.

You might consider adjusting your purchase planning accordingly….