imac 2011 w/o ssd how long did you wait?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ManilaVice, May 11, 2011.

1. ManilaVice macrumors member

i just purchased my imac with 3.4ghz with 2gb GPU but with out ssd today around 2pm eastern time...im just wondering if any of you in here ordered the same specs and got it already from the release date, how long did you wait and did it take less than what the estimated date is? im just curious coz i was looking some video in youtube and im surprised coz they got theirs already. thanks in advance.

2. archer75 macrumors 65816

4 days from order to my door. Ordered the tuesday they came out and had it on saturday.

3. ManilaVice thread starter macrumors member

was it normal shipping? coz i didn't expedited mine.

4. archer75 macrumors 65816

Yep. The free shipping they give you. I didn't request any other shipping.

5. Dresevski macrumors 6502

Have mine. Exact same one. Ordered it Tue morning (refresh day). Got it as FedEx had it scheduled, no earlier

6. ManilaVice thread starter macrumors member

cool, i guess ill expect mine by saturday or if not by next week. hope it wont make a difference me living here in canada. anyways, thanks for the replies. hope you guys are enjoying your new imac coz i will as soon as get mine. i hope there will be no screen issue like the previous one...i have to return mine like 3 times and decided to get my money back and waited 6 months for the latest one to arrive.

7. Dresevski macrumors 6502

I'm really OCD about stuff like that (i.e., dead pixels, lines, yellowness) and mine has none of these problems. At one point when I was testing out some 1080p Planet Earth I thought there was some LED bleeding at the edges and corners but it was just the effects of the snow blowing against the dark background of penguins. Should be good to go!

8. ManilaVice thread starter macrumors member

for sure, if you're paying that much money for a computer i guess you have all the rights to be picky. thats what i did for 14 days is to look for the defect when i had my 2010 imac and sure enough i saw a few...tiny crack in the screen twice
    and a few dead pixel after.

9. Crwoo macrumors newbie

10. ManilaVice thread starter macrumors member

i guess i wont be getting mine till next week then. stupid credit card of mine put my account on hold for no reason. i was trying to order mine yesterday.

11. ManilaVice thread starter macrumors member

tuesday last week or tuesday this week?

12. NannyJordyn macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Mine is expected to arrive tomorrow.

13. Jazwire macrumors 6502a

Jazwire

I paid for Next Day Air on a :

27" 3.4 w/ 2TB HD & 2GB Video last Tuesday night, it was picked up Saturday and delivered Monday.

14. likegadgets macrumors 6502

ordered bto on Friday May 6, scheduled for delivery tomorrow May 12. Standard free shipping to California. BTW, this one was shipped locally, not from China

15. Bardofar macrumors newbie

Ordered 27" BTO 3.4ghz with 2gb GPU on release day, it was delivered yesterday the 11. may. Delivered to Denmark by TnT. :)

16. stellardream macrumors member

Ordered last Tuesday and received last Friday via FedEx overnight shipping.

17. xrayspecs macrumors newbie

Exact same spec. Ordered on May 4th delivered on May 10th. 2 days earlier than quoted. Normal free delivery via UPS.

18. Georgio macrumors 6502

Georgio

Went into store, told the chap who served me that they did* actually have an i7 3.4Ghz in-store, despite his insisting that it was a BTO option only...

...Waitied five minutes while he went off to the stock room shaking his head...

..10 seconds to pound the plastic, 2 minutes walk to the car with a very big heavy (scrub that, VERY HEAVY) box with a big grin on my face.

10 minutes tops. Profit. :D

* I had already phoned and reserved it.

19. phlydude macrumors regular

phlydude

Ordered Wed 4th in the early afternoon, was ready on Sat 7th, didn't get picked up until Mon 9th and is currently showing last tracking as Reno, NV - scheduled delivery on Sat 14th

Mine must have got put on the truck running the Rockies...that bugger is taking a full week to make it from coast to coast.

20. ManilaVice thread starter macrumors member

21. ManilaVice thread starter macrumors member

that is taking forever. you should call apple.

22. xrayspecs macrumors newbie

Good job, that is one freaking heavy box :eek:

23. phlydude macrumors regular

phlydude

It is not out of the original dates given to me when I placed the order...just must have hit the end of the backlog line for the 3.4 i7 / 2TB / 2GB video BTOs

Just frustrated that the "free shipping" is the truck running I-80 from Sacramento through to probably Lewisburg, PA before it gets re-routed to my local FedEx office in New Castle, DE.

If they used UPS it would have at least been loaded onto a train and made it across country in 3 days with the lettuce shipments...

24. Georgio macrumors 6502

Georgio

The last time I trusted a BTO option for Macs was when I ordered 5x G5 towers for work.
    Everything was paid for and we waited patiently for a week for them to turn up (this was before internet tracking).
    Two weeks later and with me constantly hassling Apple as to where my freaking machines were and I find out that they made it as far as Manchester sorting office and then disappeared off the radar....:mad:
    They had sent them via normal post office even though we'd paid extra for a courier delivery.
    Five more machine were dispatched and we received them via courier 2 days later.
    when I signed for the boxes I couldn't believe it when a pallet was offloaded with the 5 machines in full colour printed boxes screaming ' Macintosh G5 super computer' in 6" high lettering etc.

No wonder the earlier 5 didn't make it past Manchester, hell you have to check your wheels if you stop at traffic lights up there...:rolleyes:

25. ManilaVice, May 13, 2011
    Last edited: May 13, 2011

ManilaVice thread starter macrumors member

so its been 2 days now since i ordered mine and up to now its showing that its not shipped yet....i ordered mine may 11th and looks like im one of those unlucky one compared to those people who replied on my thread saying that they got theirs in 4 days from the day that they ordered it. oh well!!!