iMac (2012) temperatures (normal and while gaming)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by NikkiNikk, Mar 30, 2013.

1. NikkiNikk macrumors newbie

Hey!

I'm really satisfied with my iMac (i5,FD,680MX) and started to play Battlefield3 for a few days on my (bootcamp) Windows partition.

It really runs awesome, REALLY awesome, and i noticed, that the fans started to work louder as normal, which is really normal i guess.

Now, im worried about the temperatures while i'm gaming, because i read some threads in the internet about GPU and CPU temperatures.

When my computer has nothing to do, the CPU and GPU are around 35 to 39°C, which is quite normal?

After a few rounds on my windows machine and playing BF3, the CPU is around 80 to 85°C and the GPU is around 70°C, which i really hot?

So, what do you guys think? Are these numbers to worry about, or still in an acceptable range?

Thanks for reading and helping!
    Niklas

2. flavr macrumors 6502

flavr

On benchmarks (Heaven, Valley) in OSX my 675mx get to 90C before I have to shut it off...otherwise it would prob go even higher...

3. Dr.Gonzo macrumors newbie

That's perfectly normal, don't worry about it!

4. NikkiNikk thread starter macrumors newbie

5. Serban Suspended

Considering that in the retina macbooks the temperatures are around 100 °C, i guess a 80°C is so nice upgrade in tech architectural of an aluminium body.