iMac 2013 Firmware Update

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Jovian9, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I have a firmware update that showed up in software updates last night for my new iMac. I have the 27" iMac that was just released maxed out with a fusion drive. However, the firmware update says that it is for the iMac (late 2013) with flash-only storage. Of course mine is flash and regular since it's fusion.

Has anyone seen this and ran it on a fusion drive iMac yet? It should be fine if it shows up, but just not sure about it d/t it stating "flash-only storage iMacs).

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. nathanlloyd macrumors member

This came up for me last night even though I've got a standard drive iMac (late 2013).

Didn't cause any problems for me.

3. ctznalien macrumors newbie

Same question/concern. I also have a fusion drive. I'm assuming it's fine, but I just wanted to double check.

4. Chipster21 macrumors newbie

I have the new iMac 27 (late 2013) with the Fusion Drive, already applied the new Firmware without any problem, everything seems to be ok.

P.S. my FD is Splitted

5. trevolly macrumors member

Just got my Fusion drive iMac yesterday - it worked alright on mine, although the initial boot screen made a strange whooshing noise on startup

6. Chipster21 macrumors newbie

Even mine

7. AaronM5670 macrumors 6502a

AaronM5670

Yes, this is normal - it should have warned you about this before it installed the update in a little dialog box.

8. Laucian Nailor macrumors member

Laucian Nailor

That was the fans throttling up to full speed for a second or so. There was a 'warning' notice to let you know beforehand so nobody panicked :eek:

9. jimmyusmc macrumors member

My wife downloaded this morning and everything seems to be working just fine. However, the fans did startle her..lol

10. Jovian9 thread starter macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Cool. Glad to hear that it does work with the fusion drive version.

I'll probably run it this weekend when I'm not using the iMac for streaming and such.

11. fhopper macrumors member

fhopper

I ran it with no issues other than having to reenter the "code" for Office 11. It was fun to hear the fan, it is the only time I have heard it.