iMac 2013, yellow tint

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Stavis, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Stavis macrumors newbie

Hi!

I just got my maxed out 21.5 iMac. The screen is nice, no dead pixels or anything, though I have noticed a yellowish tint on the bottom of the screen. I thought about exchanging it, but after reading some of the posts here, I don't know if it is worth it. Could you take a look and let me know if there is a reasonable chance that I will get a better display unit?

Much appreciated!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://s24.postimg.org/w4lpp7yl1/IMG_0091.jpg

2. WilliamG macrumors 604

That looks well in line with what to expect. If you dip your head lower (i.e. really slouch in your chair), does the warmer tinge fade some? If so, it's viewing angles (which is an unfortunate side-effect of IPS, despite being well-liked for its viewing angles!).

Either way, that looks more than acceptable to me, but then again I've seen a LOT of iMacs. I'd say if your iMac is fine in every other way, you're good to go.

3. Stavis thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!

Been to my reseller, all iMacs on the floor had the same yellow shadow. A bit dissapointing, but its still a very nice computer. I think I'm going to pass on an endless exchange - considering the fun I had with the iPad Air 2 just recently.

So, just to confirm, there shouldn't be any future problems caused by this yellowing?

Putting two last pictures, just to be safe. I would appreciate the input!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

I wonder that as well, since all of the OP's photos are from a top-down angle.

5. Stavis thread starter macrumors newbie

As you asked, some pictures from different angles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]