Imac 21 2,7ghz iris

Discussion in 'iMac' started by rogerogero, Sep 2, 2015.

1. rogerogero macrumors newbie

I a proud owner of minimac 1.1 upgraded to 2,1 ,2.33 processor and 120g ssd but playing videos is very hard for him due to the poor video card and there's no way to upgrade. I'd like to buy a new mini but I have been offered of Imac 21 2,7g iris video card, 500g hd, the middle of the 3 brother for only 500€.
    I'm pretty convinced i should not let this one go.

2. matreya macrumors 65816

matreya

Going from an SSD to HDD will be frustrating :) Perhaps you could buy an external thunderbolt SSD like the LaCie Rugged?

3. MetalCores macrumors regular

MetalCores

I agree its going to be painful going from a SSD to a HDD. Other than that it does seem like a good upgrade. You could do the external thunderbolt SSD or if your comfortable with computer hardware you could take apart the iMac and install a SSD in it. The ifixit website should have tools and instructions for this. You will also need a bracket for the ssd because the iMac drive is 3.5 and the SSD will be 2.5.

4. rogerogero thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your opinion,
    I think it wont take long the hdd will come out of that body. I did the minimac upgrade on my own.
    I could put the mini ssd into the new imac and use the 500 hdd as an external, I already have the inatech adapter for it.

5. mbosse macrumors regular

Sorry, the 21.5" iMac has a 2.5" drive.

6. rogerogero thread starter macrumors newbie

7. mbosse macrumors regular