iMac 21,5'' 2011 - Gray Band 2 inch wide

Discussion in 'iMac' started by brachson, Aug 23, 2011.

1. brachson macrumors member

Hello,

I have recently bought new iMac 21'5'' (base). It has been 3 weeks and I had 3 of them already:
    1st - Microphone Issue - replaced after 1 week
    2nd - Yellow tint Issue - very annoying - replaced after another week
    3rd - Gray band Issue - current one

The issue is described already here:
    Another Thread

But mine is a little bit different:
    Visible only when gray-ish background set (and this part is the same) and it is only on half of the screen (from left to the center 2 inch wide band - like gradient stronger to the left, nearly invisible in the center, not visible on the right). It is not above the dock but on the top of the screen.

And here is my question:
    Should I have 4th attempt to have proper iMac? Current one is probably the best but I don’t want to exchanging them over and over again. Apple definitely has problem with their panels and I have read that 7/10 have some issues (yellow, gray, other).

I am not PRO user and during daily usage its not visible or hardly - but damn 1500USD hardware so I could expect perfection?

What is your opinion?

2. SlickShoes macrumors 6502a

If you think there is anything remotely wrong with it then take it back, whatever you spent on it is a lot of money. No matter what you buy you should not have to put up with it being faulty, no matter how trivial it seems. I'd say the only exception is obviously when you buy and item knowing it has a pre existing fault.