iMac 21.5" 3.06ghz, UK - buy now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by benjai, Apr 29, 2010.

1. benjai macrumors member

Hi, I'm based in UK and my mom is considering buying the basic spec iMac. I've just got a couple of questions:

1) Would there potentially be any significant updates within the next 2 months? I don't think any updates would be major on this spec? I don't think this is that big a deal anyway since it would just be mainly for web browsing and photos.

2) The RRP is £969 and I can get this from John Lewis for £910 (6% off) using vouchers plus this would have an extra years warranty. Is this a good deal, or would there be a shop that would be doing discounts anytime soon? I recall some places (including JL) ocasionally chuck freebies in.

thanks!

2. Ash9414 macrumors 6502

Are you a student? A student discount will bring it down to £900 or maybe a little less. Also, a "Back to School" promotion should be starting soon where you can get a free iPod touch and/or a printer via rebate.

3. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

If you're in university, or know someone who is who'll use their university discount on your behalf, you'll pay around £900 through Apple directly for the iMac plus 3 years of Applecare warranty.

4. Poncho macrumors 6502

Poncho