iMac 21.5" 3 Dead/Stuck Pixels :(..

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Yamcha, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Yamcha macrumors 68000

Hi Guys,

I bought an 21.5" iMac a while back, and today I noticed it has 3 dead or stuck pixels, I know there is a difference between the two but either way I cannot get it to come back to life.. and basically I'm a bit pissed now =/.. I would go to the apple store but the problem is there is not one here locally..

However there is a Apple guy at my local Futureshop.. could he handle this type of thing? (I didn't buy it at futureshop btw)..

I want a replacement if its possible, switched from a PC and payed quite a bit more for this lower end iMac.. I basically downgraded, and I can't stand that it has 3 dead/stuck pixels..

I bought it November 2009, I have receipt.. Anyone know if I could take it to Futureshops Apple guy..?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Is Futureshop an authorized Apple reseller? Do they offer repairs for Macs?

They won't replace the whole iMac, just the screen.

3. Yamcha thread starter macrumors 68000

All I know is they are an authorized seller.. I don't know if they offer repair though..

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Then I would go there with the iMac and show it to them. They can at least tell if you can/should get it replaced because there is certain policy in dead/stuck pixels, you need certain amount of them and they have to be in certain places etc..

5. WilliamG macrumors 604

Are you sure it's stuck pixels and not dust specks? Can you get a screen shot? If they're perfectly square, they're pixels, if not - dust.

6. i7QuadCoreMania macrumors 6502

I really doubt you can get anything done other than bitch at Apple for a replacement, though you do know a small # of dead pixels are acceptable under Apple Standards.

I don't think Futureshop will do anything since they did not sell you the item in the first place.

I had a dead pixel on my previous 24" paid a lot of money for it as well, so when I upgraded to the 27" that was one of the first things I checked with a microscope (not literally) :D

If I were you I'd talk to Apple about it, but highly doubtful they will do anything at this point.:(