iMac 21.5 display light issue

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ri0ku, Jan 3, 2012.

1. ri0ku, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2012

ri0ku macrumors 6502a

Got my very first iMac a couple of days ago and its been running great. Only noticed 1 dead pixel on the screen near the top but decided its only 1 and it doesn't bother me so meh.

However today I was writing myself a new CV and noticed when I moved the program from one side (left) to the right side the greys in my document looked darker...

So I have looked at some tests and have been dragging items across from the left to the right and notice they do gradually get darker.

Example 1 :
    [​IMG]

Example 2 :
    [​IMG]

Is this just something that is unavoidable on such a screen? I remember reading users have issues with iMac displays in the past but wasn't sure if its something that is still on going.

2. redache macrumors member

I have a 2011 2.15" and the colour is uniform across the display (I also don't have any dead pixels at all) the only complaint I have with the iMac screen is there's some backlight bleed at the bottom but I can cope with that and nearly every LCD monitor I've had has suffered from it.

I'd talk to Apple about it if you're unhappy since it does appear to be a problem.

3. iTalkappleosx macrumors newbie

Apple Protection Plan

If you have one call Apple, & they can help you setup :apple:your appointment.:apple:

4. ri0ku thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well its only 5 days old so I should be able to get help. Heading into the Apple store tomorrow morning so I will post back here with news.

Just been preparing images to show them in store the problems. I have some logo designs that clearly show the difference in colour from left to right so hopefully they will see it too...

5. tony77g macrumors newbie

What did they say at the Apple Store
    I have the monitor as your problem

Attached Files: