Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SuperMatt

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 28, 2002
I want to get a 21.5 iMac. I see a thread here for 27-inch iMacs, and I didn't want to pollute it with a question about its little cousin. I am seeing delivery times of late October (or early November if you customize RAM, etc). Any idea why this is happening? Is an Apple-silicon iMac incoming and I should wait for that?

pmiles

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2013
Probably the same reason the 27" models were pushed out on delivery dates... higher demand volumes than current supply. Imagine what it will be like for the holidays...

Apple Silicon is coming... absolute certainty... the unknown is when. New iMac using it? Pretty much a consensus that the first ARM Mac will be a MacBook model. So a good year or two before they show up in iMacs.

Odds are pretty good, ship dates will actually be sooner than quoted... they're giving you an outside window timeframe.

Reactions: SuperMatt

assisterah

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2008
As I believe a redesigned iMac 21 is coming, recent supply chain delays are probably caused by the upcoming Chinese national holiday from Oct 1 - Oct 8. It’s a big deal over there. The whole country will be on vacation.

Reactions: Chompineer
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.