iMac 21.5" Low end - to wait, or not to wait?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by sportguy0913, May 26, 2010.

  1. sportguy0913 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2008
    Location:
    USA
    #1
    We are looking to buy the lowest end iMac and to get a free iPod. My mom doesn't want it if she can't get the free iPod (she's always looking for the best deal). Should we wait till September 7th to see if the iMac is updated between now and then, or do you think it will be well after the 7th that it is updated?

    Thanks!
     
  2. miles01110 macrumors Core

    miles01110

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2006
    Location:
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    #2
    Updates to the iMac (if any) will be minor. If you can afford to wait you might as well.
     
  3. zedsdead macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2007
    #3
    I'm thinking by August it will get a bump to the Nvidia 320m, same new card in the Macbook, plus a small speed bump, possibly to 3.33 ghz, still core2duo.

    The upper model may get an i5, Dual-Core, 3.0/3.3 ghz with a dedicated GPU.

    It will not be a major upgrade, but it should be before September. This of course doesn't mean that it will.
     
  4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

    Dont Hurt Me

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2002
    Location:
    Yahooville S.C.
    #4
    Might as well wait you are at the end of the upgrade cycle so you will get a faster gpu and a bump in cpu speed.
     
  5. ValSalva macrumors 68040

    ValSalva

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2009
    Location:
    Burpelson AFB
    #5
    In the past this would be about the time Apple would update the iMac. It's been just over 7 months since the last update, which was a major one. However, given Apple's focus on iPad/iPhone I would highly doubt an update at WWDC.

    Maybe late summer. Is the iMac really a 'school computer?' I think Apple sees their MBP and MB as school computers so I don't even think an iMac refresh would occur before the back to school time frame.
     

Share This Page