Imac 21.5 problems

Discussion in 'iMac' started by wolfik, Apr 14, 2012.

1. wolfik macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I have some beginner problems, I've just bought my Imac (late 2010 os 10.6.8) and I have a few questions.

1. My magic mouse has some issues, namely it's a little bit sluggish and there is no multitouch gestures. Also it is not detected in the system settings. I just use the cursor :)
    2. My HP Laserjet 1300 (drivers installed) sometimes prints documents very quickly, and sometimes it doesn't (although the icon appears and all)
    3. Can you suggest me an interesting website\s where I can start of with the whole mac os adventure :) You know some tips and tricks, tutorials, etc.
    4. I also bought an adapter MINI DISPLAYPORT 1.1A to HDMI 1.3B. to connect my imac to my 46'' Panasonic Viera. Unfortunately it doesn't work, and I don't see a secondary display in the system settings.

I will be very grateful for any help and I'm really sorry for such stupid questions :)

2. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

1. I believe multi touch gestures are only available in OSX Lion
    2. It could probably be your printer, but you didn't specify how it was connected, USB or wireless?
    3. MacRumors!
    4. Im not sure whats up with 4

3. wolfik thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Medic278

Thanks for the tips. I've just installed 10.7.3 and still no success with my magic mouse. It cannot be detected and so I have no possibility to play around with the options...

4. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

Are you sure its a magic mouse and not just the regular apple mouse? The regular mouse does not support gestures.

4.System Preferences-----> Display------>Detect Display

5. wolfik thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello Medic,

Well the guy I bought it from said he used gestures, so I pressume it is a Magic Mouse.

With the display thing I did just as you wrote, but unfortunately with no success. The cable is some Chinese adapter, so I suppose the quality is not top notch, but it should work to some extent right ?

Thanks again.

6. spedanden macrumors newbie

For number 4, I use this with extreme success.

HERE

7. wolfik, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2012

wolfik thread starter macrumors newbie

8. wolfik, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012

wolfik thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi again, I've received a reply from the shop, and the guy seems, to know nothing about this problem, he told me to try change the data port settings (whatever that is) any idea ?