iMac 21.5" Screenshot fuzz?!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Lewisellenden, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Lewisellenden macrumors newbie

When i take a screenshot the sound is made and it saved on my desktop, all fine, but the image is fuzzed and all messed up, even the thumbnail looks wrong, i don't know why this is, or what can be possibly causing it, any help and I'm forever grateful!

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

3. Lewisellenden thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes it is in this reply, sorry I should have did this in the first place.

Attached Files:

4. xheathen macrumors 6502

Doesn't look good... that's pretty consistent with my past experiences with my video card going out.

5. matt3839 macrumors member

This, no matter what brand of computer you have, you can always tell your GPU is dying.
    Sorry, but it's time to get your computer repaired. If its warranty is still good, this should more than likely be covered.

6. Lewisellenden thread starter macrumors newbie

What!!! I only bought it in december, it bought it refurbished with apple care, so surely it shouldn't have any problems with it!?! Everything else on my computer works fine.

7. simsaladimbamba

It should be fine, normally, but even refurbs can develop faults. As you still have the 90 day telephone support (or more, if you got the three year Apple Care), you could ring Apple and ask for their guidance on how to solve the problem. Maybe a repair has to be done.

Btw, have you tried taking screenshots in another (even temporarily created) user account?

8. Lewisellenden thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah right I see, yeah i just checked online with my serial number for the applecare. I have the three year coverage, so if like you say repairs are needed I hope that covers it. I haven't tried it on another account i was thinking about it, i'll give it a go!

Also, i have remembered one other issue, not that its relevant to this one, but my Airport doesn't work. When i go on the 'About this mac more info' where Airport information should be it says 'No information found'. I emailed the retailer and asked if my iMac included Airport wifi and they said yes. I'm not too sure why this is, but if repairs are needed will applecare also cover a possibly disconnected Airport card?

Thanks for the help by the way!!