Imac 21.5" wifi constantly dropping out!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jaketindell, Sep 16, 2013.

1. jaketindell macrumors newbie

Hey there, i am new to this website but since apple communities didnt help i thought i would go here. My iMac 21.5" running 10.8.5 wifis is always dropping out, the bars are still there but the internet just stops (no webpages load and anything downloading stops/freezes) When this has happened i check my iPad and iPhone and nope they all still work and so does my mothers laptop work so it is JUST my mac. I have done everything on the apple communities and im sick of this happening. In the past 3 to 5 days its been so bad it cuts out about every 10 mins to 2 hrs but before that only about once a month! Is this my mac or the operating system? Will this be fixed with mavericks? If anyone knows of a solution that WILL work even just for a while please can they share it. The only way i get my wifi working again after it does this is to turn the wifi on and off and reload all the pages. Please help. Thanks
    -Jake:mad:

2. buysp macrumors 6502

Same observation on my late 2012 21.5" i7 iMac which is on 10.8.5!
    I get connection errors like timeouts and in some instances my wireless network cannot be found. My 4 other iOS devices pick up the wireless flawlessly.

Any thoughts?