iMac 21 Display

Discussion in 'iMac' started by diegocambronero, Aug 31, 2012.

1. diegocambronero macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am experiencing a problem with my iMac. The iMac works fine however if I shutdown the computer and 15 minutes I try to turn it on again it shows the white mac logo and then the display goes off. If I use a external display I can use the iMac but the iMac display does work just the external display. If turn the iMac off and turn it back on let´s say 3 or 4 hours later the iMac display works just fine...

It seems that I have to wait around 3 or 4 hours to use the iMac display if I turn it off and turn it bak on.

Please help.. If noone have the answer for this strange behavior please let me know where I can get an answer.

I forgot to mention that a couple of months after I bought the iMac the display was changed with the warranty due of there were issues with some pixels. Now the warranty has expired.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:( :(:(:(

2. rotorblade69 macrumors regular

Sounds like the opposite of what happens with my old G4 Cube. If you turn it on the display won't come up. The graphics card is wiggy. Turn it on let it set for 20 mins and then turn it off and back on and it fires up just fine. The graphic card has a spot that needs heat to work or seat or have a connection.

Yours could be the opposite needs to cool before it makes contact. Probably graphics card to display somewhere.

3. diegocambronero thread starter macrumors newbie

What do you recommend me to do? I have to accept that my iMac is sometimes really hot since it is located next to a windows and my country is sometimes hot.