Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alfinator

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 23, 2013
Linköping - Sweden
So guys with me getting the iMac 21.5 -inch Early 2013 tomorrow at Christmas Eve
(dont tell my parents!) i'm a little worried if the specs are enough, if i should buy more RAM, if i should bootcamp etc etc.:confused:

So i'm an "average" computer-gamer, playing games like: WoW, LoL, CS:GO and Garry's Mod. Then i'm thinking of bootcamping to play games like Battlefield 4, SMITE, Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord, Saints Row 4 and some FPS games on Steam like ARMA 2, Red Orchestra etc.

I dont really like the Windows OS, i'm owning an iMac because of a reason (Great OS, Silent, Doesn't take so much space, Good looking and ofcourse GREAT quality:D). But i've realized that bootcamp may be a MUST if i want to play some great games i really want to play!:(

So please, tell me what i shall do. Tell me what you think, your ideas and your tips!

And please dont turn this into a thread (Build your own Gaming Rig vs Mac Gaming) because that's not the point of this thread!

Specs

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1GB GDDR5

CPU: 2.9GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz

RAM: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2X4GB

HDD: 1TB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm (Not cause it matters so much but whatever)

Resolution: 1920-by-1080

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
So guys with me getting the iMac 21.5 -inch Early 2013 tomorrow at Christmas Eve
(dont tell my parents!) i'm a little worried if the specs are enough, if i should buy more RAM, if i should bootcamp etc etc.:confused:

So i'm an "average" computer-gamer, playing games like: WoW, LoL, CS:GO and Garry's Mod. Then i'm thinking of bootcamping to play games like Battlefield 4, SMITE, Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord, Saints Row 4 and some FPS games on Steam like ARMA 2, Red Orchestra etc.

I dont really like the Windows OS, i'm owning an iMac because of a reason (Great OS, Silent, Doesn't take so much space, Good looking and ofcourse GREAT quality:D). But i've realized that bootcamp may be a MUST if i want to play some great games i really want to play!:(

So please, tell me what i shall do. Tell me what you think, your ideas and your tips!

And please dont turn this into a thread (Build your own Gaming Rig vs Mac Gaming) because that's not the point of this thread!

Specs

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1GB GDDR5

CPU: 2.9GHz Quad-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz

RAM: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2X4GB

HDD: 1TB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm (Not cause it matters so much but whatever)

Resolution: 1920-by-1080

Good enough. You don't really need the hyper threading capabilities of the i7.

I suggest a pure SSD setup though. Much faster and way more reliable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.