iMac 21 Yellow Tint Issue

Discussion in 'iMac' started by aware, Apr 8, 2014.

1. aware macrumors member

Anyone having yellow tint on their iMac 21 2013? Mine looks yellow compare to my rMBP 15. Should i return it or try to calibrate it? The screen manufacture code is 00000610. LG? Is there a Samsung screen for iMac 21?

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Apparently practically every Mac has a manufacturer ID of 610. It's the model number that counts. My 21.5" iMac was A012.

3. drummer5645 macrumors member

Yellow

Just spent an hour last week on my 21 and yellow tint with Apple support. On top of it, my DVI connection to my Dell UltraSharp, which worked great on my 2007 20", is badly yellowed as well. Apple support has no idea of why.

I can crank brightness up to almost full in sys preferences but borders and background are still yellow tint.

Hope there is a solution.

4. aware thread starter macrumors member

Same. Is it LG or Samsung?

5. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Hmm...there's no way to tell. Personally I'm happy with mine though, no complaints whatsoever :)

6. Arfdog macrumors 6502

Can you clarify? When connecting the Dell monitor to your iMac via DVI, the Dell monitor shows yellow tinges as well??? As in the Dell is getting yellow video signals from the IMac?

7. drummer5645 macrumors member

Yes the Dell is getting the full yellow treatment while the Imac can be brightened up.

8. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Buy a calibrator like a colorMunki or i1. This is the only way to get two screens to match. The brand of screen is not the issue.

9. madele macrumors member

madele

Please let me know now if I should give up or not !!

I am on my 4th maxed out 21" iMac and they were all yellow and overly lite on the left side :(