imac 24" and MBox 2 Pro

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by ars0nist87, Feb 25, 2009.

1. ars0nist87 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,
    Im a new mac user and relatively new as far as DAW experience goes... so bear with me please.

I recently purchased a 24" black imac and also bought an MBox 2 Pro with pro tools LE 7.3 off of a friend. I have installed and used the MBox via firewire and garageband. I still have yet to figure out whats going on in pro tools. I get a bunch of errors during startup but it still loads.

Anyway thats not the big problem really. although id like to have that figured out as well.
    My main concern is the audio output from my mac to the MBox. I am currently using garage band to record some tracks and have been using analog speakers from the "headphone" jack on the back of the imac.
    I am curious as to how i can utilize the S/PDIF connection on the MBox to output sound to my analog speakers and If this would be worth it.

I am trying to do this also because I have noticed that I need to change my sound inputs from the MBox to the internal mic when using Ichat or Photobooth video etc.
    Would I gain anything out of this?

Also, IF anyone knows of any MBox, Pro Tools, or logic pro 8 video tutorials that would be much appreciated.
    I am overwhelmed... I went from a PC using an analog mixer and a standard soundcard input with magix audio studio to these amazing tools.
    I need to figure this out HELP!

2. soulkeeyz macrumors newbie

Hey,

Listen up, do you have a power pc imac? or a intel? because you cant use pro tools 7 with a intel imac. if you do have a intel base imac you can. however you wont be able to use the mbox with apple apps, upgrade to protools 8, and start to use it, all your problems will go away.