Imac 24" built in speakers... any Bass/Treble settings?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Chucky666UK, May 19, 2008.

1. Chucky666UK macrumors member

Hi guys,

awaiting delivery of new iMac... just wondering if the built in speakers on the 24" deliver any kind of bass (obviously not room shattering) ... and if so does the osx leopard have any kind of sound setting interface for treble/bass settings?? I already have a pc with JBL creatures and they are good enough for me but I really wanted to dispose of them... any advice from those of you have got one please??

2. minik macrumors 65816

3. bdj33ranch macrumors regular

If you are playing from iTunes you can go into the View menu, click on 'Show Equalizer' and change sound settings. Hmmm... I REALLY like my JBL creatures with my 20" iMac.

4. mixel macrumors 65816

mixel

Yeah the imacs internal speakers are good but really aren't up to gaming or listening to most music. At a pinch they would be if space is really critical, but even using the itunes equalizer to buff them up they give pretty hollow sound.. Understandable though I guess, they're only tiny. :}

5. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

I would prefer proper speakers over the iMac ones any day, but I was actually really impressed with the built n ones. Far better than any I have heard from other monitor speakers!

6. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

I also agree, they work very well but don't compare to a nice set of external ones.

7. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

SRS iWow 2.0 also helps give you a little more 'oomph' out of the built-in speakers.

As I write this I anxiously await my Klipsch Promedia 2.1's