Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fastlanephil

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 17, 2007
I tried to order a iMac 24" from an online retailer but the sales rep said they wouldn't have any 24" iMacs until after the first of the year. I checked all the online retailers and no one has any in stock. I have heard that the Apple stores are also in short supply.

Apple's online store says 1-3 days to ship.

I wonder what's up?

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
It actually makes sense, since it's the holidays Apple most likely will keep stock for their own customers and limit stock for the resellers. Just order from Apple. 1-3 days is generally correct.

eRondeau

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2004
Canada's South Coast
I ordered a 24" C2D Extreme 2.8GHz / 500GB / 2GB from my local retailer three weeks ago, still waiting. I wonder if they're frantically re-engineering them to address some of the display problems that have been reported? :apple:

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
I ordered a 24" C2D Extreme 2.8GHz / 500GB / 2GB from my local retailer three weeks ago, still waiting. I wonder if they're frantically re-engineering them to address some of the display problems that have been reported? :apple:

well, a lot of that has been fixed with leopard and the firmware

vansouza

macrumors 68000
Mar 28, 2006
West Plains, MO USA Earth
chill

I tried to order a iMac 24" from an online retailer but the sales rep said they wouldn't have any 24" iMacs until after the first of the year. I checked all the online retailers and no one has any in stock. I have heard that the Apple stores are also in short supply.

Apple's online store says 1-3 days to ship.

I wonder what's up?

When I ordered mine from Apple it was 24 hours until I made changes then it went to 3 days; I don't think that qualifies as running out; not at Christmas time.

fastlanephil

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 17, 2007
Imac 24" In Short Supply

I just called Macconnection which showed a 2.4 ghz in stock but they were also back ordered. MacMall, Club Mac, Small Dog, PowerMax are also back ordered. I think directly from Apple may be the only place you can buy one right now.

I might bite the bullet and pay full price plus my area's high SST. We'll, you do get free shipping plus the option to return it within 10 days.

But it does sound like the supply is pretty constricted for some reason. I've been buying Macs for twenty years and have never run into this problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.