imac 24" or Macpro purchase 2009

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macall75, Dec 8, 2008.

1. macall75 macrumors member

Need some help on deciding between an iMac or macpro when the new updated ones come out, I really like the look of the new imacs and the 24inch screen, but then I might be put off by the reflective glossy screen and not being able to upgrade, I would be using it mostly for graphics, gaming, internet, and web design.Does anyone think the new macpros will come with i7 and new case design, i would really like a new case design as I already have a G5 for work

2. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

If time isn't of importance, I'd wait until MWSF 09. And if money was of no importance too, I'd go for the Mac Pro. Easy to upgrade the hardware and it will last you a long time.

As for new hardware, I don't know if the Mac Pro is getting a refresh. I'm sure the iMac is, but we'll have to wait and see.

3. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

I'm in a similar situation.

Top end 24'' iMac for £1359 or a Mac Pro (single quad core) for £1516.

Is the £157 + monitor worth the upgradeability? I would say so, but what do you ladies&gentlemen think?

I want to go for the top of the line range because I want my computer to last as long as possible. I'm not so concerned about the CPU, more about GPU, HDD and RAM.

Cheers for the any input and perspective.

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I realize that this is over a month old, but it still stands...

THEY WON'T BE USING CORE i7.

The Mac Pro and iMac lines are due for updates within six months. The iMac will be first. Judge from that.