iMac 24" with ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO card

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ann-yes, Feb 7, 2008.

1. ann-yes macrumors newbie

I am new to Macs, been a Windows user for many years. I am looking for updated/newest drivers for my graphics card. I went to the ATI site, but can't seem to find that card. Got this iMac for Christmas, brand new, so it shouldn't already be obsolete. Anyone can tell me where to find the latest drivers? TIA!

2. Queso macrumors G4

Are you talking about the Windows under Boot Camp drivers or for OSX? Apple release the OSX drivers themselves, either in OSX point updates or graphics updates that are delivered via Software Update. There's a major update to 10.5 Leopard imminent which is rumoured to include the latest 2600Pro drivers.

For Windows under Boot Camp you should be able to get them off the ATI site.

3. schreck macrumors regular

I second this. Windows or Mac drivers? Either way, (s)he answered your question quite well.

4. ann-yes thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I was talking just in the iMac Leopard, not the windows emulator. Thank you, seems that I have the latest already as running the software update didn't bring any new ones.
    Really appreciate the fast replies :)

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Though I have no proof I would guess when 10.5.2 comes out and then UT3 comes out new drivers wont be far behind.:confused: at least thats my hope.